A little bit of sugar and a little bit of spice ....that's me!

My photo
I am Peggy ~ wife to Adam, who I claim *most* days (Love you honey!). He works at the Shipyard as a nuclear cleaner. We have been married for 6 years and it's nice to be able to say, that I really did marry my best friend. I love him more today than I did yesterday, yet less than I will tomorrow. I am a huge fan of Pinterest and Facebook and love to scrapbook! And yes, I actually cook the things I pin to Pinterest *gasp*! I haven't had one fail yet (Now watch, I just jinxed myself !) I am Mama to two beautiful, very busy boys, ages 6 and 4 who are my world. Our oldest is a very spirited boy who has been blessed with Aspergers, ADHD and Sensory processing disorder. We don't treat these as disabilities but as stepping stones that are going to pave the way for his bright future! Our youngest is a little love bug who is all boy, but will love the heck out of you! Both my boys are so similar, yet so different. I love to watch them grow as individuals :) I tend to ramble (no, really?) so this blog will be filled with who even knows? If you're here and reading, welcome to my crazy life :) Sit back, and enjoy!

Friday, July 19, 2013

Zoo Day with our besties

Last weekend, Daddy had to work, so we packed up the Mini van and headed out to the Point Defiance Zoo for a day with our Friends! Just outside the Gate, we stopped for a beginning of the day shot. Kira decided it was not time to cooperate for the paparazzi :)  (I love that girl and her spirit!)



The weather was GORGEOUS! Not a cloud in the sky and no wind ....perfect day for strolling around the zoo ! 3 mamas, 9 kiddos, 2 strollers and we were off! 


Kira and Brady stopped to look at the turtle and Kira said "Mama it's DEAD!!!"    Lori and got a really good laugh over that .....kids are just too adorable .  No, Kira, Darling, it wasn't dead, he was resting :)

I just love the Meerkats !  The way they pop up on their hind legs like "HEY! What's up?!"  Just so stinkin' cute!

Brady says "Mama, take picture of me....I'm getting in the hole"    How could I resist? :)   Too much cuteness!

Lori and I love the Elephants...  The girls seemed to enjoy him (her?) but the boys , not so much! They wanted action! Moving on !!

Brady and Kira looking for the Tiger (that we never did find).  They are just too adorable together :)  Lifelong friends <3    (They are only 4 mnoths apart in age)

The Tapir. Eek.  Brady says "Look Mama, it's a PIG"  lol  and the description of the Tapir says it is a "pig like" animal, so he was right on the money!  It's tongue was like a foot long and disgusting, he was creeping Lori and I out .  The monkey's were overhead, so we tried to concentrate on them and not pay attention to him.  Sorry , fella, no offense, but you're scary!!!

I couldn't get the lighting right on my camera (probably would help if I read the instruction manual, right?) This guy was hilarious! He was swinging from his ropes, eating with his toes....he put on quite the show for the kids, it was great! They loved him! He swung over to his lady friend and sat in her lap and they had a conversation then he swung back over to us. That was a highlight of the day for sure!


This guy looked so sad and forlorn , I wanted to give him a great big hug and just tell him it was all going to be ok ...lol ! He may have been sleeping? I don't know. I told Jen I was going to take this photo for her as she wanted a copy.  Poor dude :(

I have always been a fan of the "big kitties". Love tigers and the big cats at the zoo.  This cat was stunning.  Just gorgeous!
 
 
My boys watching the tigers

We happened to be there at the right time and were able to watch this walrus and his buddy get fed .  He also had eye drops put in and do a bunch of tricks! That was so cool to be a part of ! The kids really liked being there for all of that!

Jacob and his buddy Garrett watching the seals

Ally and Jacob deep in conversation about the seals :)   Ally was our tour guide and did a GREAT job.  Growing up to be such a beautiful young lady. Hard to believe she's going on 9 years old !

*Almost the whole gang* minus 2    From left to right -  JJ, Johnny, Ally Derrick, Jacob Garrett and Kira     Not pictured -  Brady and Jillie Beans




And I can't forget the photo of My bestie's and I ....I love these girls like there is no tomorrow.  These girls are what true friends are all about and what makes a day at the zoo , with 9 kids, so much fun.  No stress, no drama....just pure fun.    Such a great day filled with great memories, not only for the kids, but for the moms, too!  I would say, that day was a win/win :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment